1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Matter Control R1+ messing up prints (Z Axis?)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Coridan, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Coridan

Coridan New Member

So one day when printing, I printed something fine, and then moved onto the next print. It printed about a quarter of it and either the adhesive wasn't good enough or something and made a huge mess. I clean it all off and go to start my next prints, and the printer is printing things either too fast, and definitely from too far away. I don't mean a few mm, I mean from about 5 inches off the bed. I changed no settings between the prints. I've tried updating from 1.5 to 1.7. When it homes at the start of the print it's going all the way down as normal.

I have also tried setting up Cura/Repetier/Slic3r but they aren't as plug and play friendly with the R1+ and I couldn't really work out how to set them up.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Z switches. Almost always a Z switch knocked out of position. Give them a check, this video might help:

Geof likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I assume you mean MatterControl (sorry, don't use it myself) but what you are describing is not a software or firmware problem.

Geof likes this.
  4. Jay Teague

Jay Teague New Member

I had something similar - first home would work fine, but the bed leveling would not work right (it would get higher each time), then start to print way above the bed. I ended up having to replace one of the Z leveling switches (checked with continuity, and it was bad most of the time).