1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved matter control software v 1.6

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Steven Barber, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Steven Barber

Steven Barber New Member

I am having problems with the latest version of the matter controls software. It keeps saying "matter controls
    has stopped working" in the middle of a build. I am using windows 10 and just a regular pc. Any help
    would be appreciated. Just got my printer going after a long off time .

2. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

Let me guess you are using a usb cable to print? If so stop doing that and use the SD option. Save the gcode to an sd card then run it from the sd card and unplug the usb cable. Don't plug it back in while it is running or it may lock up.
    Best to get the LCD display to have more control over it when printing from the sd card.

3. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

Be sure your Windows 10 PC has installed all pending updates.
    Try another usb cable if you have one.
    When you reboot, be sure to turn off the Robo AND UNPLUB the usb cable to be sure of a clean complete reboot.
    or try to uninstall Matter Control and reinstall the older version to see if it stays working.

The SD card print option is valid but this is to adress your question directly.

There are also nice free options for other software choices. I used Matter Control and moved over to Cura. Not the newest version but the older version.

I'm also running on Linux and have zero issues with printing with USB. That said, I am planning on moving to an LCD controller with SD reader in the near future.

4. Steven Barber

Steven Barber New Member

can I print with the sd slot on the printer or do I need an lcd controller. if I can how can I do this?. If
    not where and what type of lcd controller do I need to get.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can print from the SD card in the printer without an LCD.
    I can't specifically tell you how to do it in MatterControl, someone else can fill that in.

You need to slice your STL and save off the GCode to the SD card and then load it into the printer and launch the print.
    Exactly how is slightly different for the various printing software.

Once you launch the print from the SD card though you can unplug the USB cord and the printer should carry merrily along until done.