1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Max temp for the hex hot end?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by k1e1v1i1n, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Choban

Robert Choban Active Member

What filament are you using that you need to go that hot.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Some Nylons are run pretty hot, but polycarbonate is the hottest running stuff I have used (up to 320).
    I have used nothing that needed to go hotter. Yet.

3. k1e1v1i1n

k1e1v1i1n Active Member

I am not needing to run hotter yet I just wanted to make sure I could when I wanted to and I also think I want to try over 235c for ABS my last print had layer separation problems.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Too hot can still cause (or worsen) the thermal issues with ABS. Try it by all means, but you may find that without a heated chamber.... cooler is better. Try running it slower as well if you are going hotter (drop the movement speeds). That will help.

ABS is more art than science with the Robo. I have printed a lot of ABS stuff, but getting the magic going is tricky.

5. k1e1v1i1n

k1e1v1i1n Active Member

Still working on mastering PLA but I will keep it in mind. ABS is just a future plan or if needed. I have the feeling my 1kg spool could last me a year or 3. PLA looks like I am doing a roll a month so far.

I do want one of those plexi cases but they are pretty spendy, still working on a cheaper way to make one I can use from time to time when I'm in the mood.

6. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

That was just an FYI, as in that would be the absolute max temp you could run the hexagon with the silicon sleeve installed.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.