1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

My Fixes, Tips & Tricks for your Robo3D Printer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Barnacules, Dec 30, 2013.

?

Did you find this thread helpful?

1. Yes

96.4%
  2. No

3.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barnacules

Barnacules New Member

Both of those questions are covered in my video.

2. Lucas

Lucas New Member

for a beginner with very little experience would you reccomend this E3D + Robo setup?

3. Barnacules

Barnacules New Member

To be honest even expensive 3D printers will present some pros and cons. Overall I think the Robo3D is a solid beginner printer but just be aware that you will need to tweak, calibrate and play with the software. It's the nature of the beast. But you can buy something like a Cube3D that you just click print and go but the material is expensive, the build volume is small and the end resulting prints just aren't that good in general (consistent but not good).

4. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

Hi. Spot on support video. Clown! :) :) Made me subscribe now. Thanks. Where is the reference sites for the thingiverse prints please. I cannot see them? I just received a E3D so am about to install it so thought go the distance and add your print supports as well.
    Rick

5. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

Which thingiverse prints are you talking about? You mean the replacement fan brackets? You can find links to them in the robo 3D user's FAQ. http://melodybliss.org/robo3d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

Hi MB, Barnacules makes 3 video references that he said he would add...... 1 the brackets for the upright smooth poles, 2 a e3d fan/extruder cover, and 3, umm (need to review - hang-on), that's right the filament bracket on top of printer.

WOW!!! FAQ List is extensive - excellent.
    Rick

7. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

OMG Really you called him a clown? Roflmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

Yip! Clown is a compliment, a talent; to engage with humor, attention grabbing, learn while laughing......... all good stuff.

9. Billm

Billm Member

I just added leds to the robo and it is great. there is 12V terminals available on the power supply. it is just hard to get to the screws and i found it just as easy to slide out the power supply attach the wires and reinstall

10. sarge5020

sarge5020 Member

We changed out the print head with the E3D and like it (but I am having problems using T-Glase). Made a few great prints with it BUT now I'm having real issues with the wiring somewhere. I was printing along and then the extruder temperature stopped indicating (reads 0.0C), the print bed heated up OK, for a moment and the manual controls stopped working. I was able to get the print head to the "home" position but that was it. Is anyone having any similar problems? And no, I'm NOT an electronics type of guy so the answer has to be in layman's terms (KISS principal).

Cheers,
    John

11. sarge5020

sarge5020 Member

Any body know how to fix this error message?
    Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use F499 to restart. (Temperature is reset, set it before restarting)
    The extruder is reading 0.0C so it isn't even reading the ambient air temperature.
    I have uninstalled Repetier and reinstalled it hoping that that would fix the problem but no luck.

12. sarge5020

sarge5020 Member

I'm getting an error that says "Port COM3 does not exist" but that is the only option.

13. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

If your extruder reading is 0.0C then that indicates an open circuit. Check all the connections on your thermistor line.

14. sarge5020

sarge5020 Member

Any idea where the line plugs into the control board under the printer?

15. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

I believe it is T0.

16. sarge5020

sarge5020 Member

Problem solved. When checking the wires to the thermistor, they were broken at the print head. Bummer but at least I found the problem. Now, where to order the thermistor for the E3D print head?
    :(

17. sarge5020

sarge5020 Member

Ordered two of them while I was at it. What the hell, why not.:cool:

18. JohnD

JohnD New Member

This video is actually what made me make the final decision on ordering the robo3d. I mean yes it shows the printer dose have some faults however with a little learning and willingness to learn you can make this printer a very good printer expecially for the price. Granted it is not as fast as some of the 1500 + printers but you are still able to get quality prints and if you chose to do the mods to the printer they are relatively cheap. And one that hasn't already check out more of Jerry's videos on 3d printers they are very educational for those first getting into 3d printing and his videos on products are unbiased witch is hard to find now days in my opinion.

2 people like this.
  19. Greg Knapp

Greg Knapp Member

Great video Jerry, I've watched it a few times. I also made my final decision and bought a Robo3d partly because of your video series. They should print out a nice "Thank you" gift for you :)

-G

20. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

He can do that on his own ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.