1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Need help finishing extruder swap

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Agrijag, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Agrijag

Agrijag New Member

Hi All.

I have a Robo R1 3d printer I bought brand new directly from Robo3d. A while ago I decided to swap out the original extruder for a direct drive one I found on Thingiverse. Soon after I started the project I found out that I had 2 crushed vertebrae in my back, and I had to wear a back brace for several months :( which slowed down work on the printer. After a while I started back on working on the printer in short bursts (10 - 15 minutes at a time) as that was all I could deal with before the pain in my back was too much to deal with. Long story short, because I'm diabetic it looks like my back is never going to fully heal, so I was wondering if there were any either forum members, or shops anyone knows of in the Fort Lauderdale / Miami FL area that could complete the conversion of my Robo for me, as it looks like I'll never be able to do it myself! I tried having our family handyman (the guy my mother has come and do odd jobs for her) look at it (he's a mechanic at Delta Airlines), and while he helped me a little, without having somebody that knows about 3d printers, it was hard, as I had to show him everything, to the point that I might as well have been doing it myself!

If this is an inappropriate place for this message, I would appreciate it if the moderators could move it to the proper place, or delete it if needed, and let me know in either case what they had to do. And again, if anyone here is in the Ft Laud/Miami area that can take on a project like this (the project is mostly done, the extruder is mounted, it just needs to be wired in, then firmware fixed so it can be tested, etc.), please let me know I guess via a private message on the forum (does this forum even support PMs?)

-MikeS

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There may be. I am in Orlando and the only other members I am certain of locations are further North (like Jacksonville). I know of one in Tampa, but I helped him get it running for business and my son usually travels over there to do work for his business so ... he is not exactly a technical resource :)

If you want to bring it up here we can get it sorted, but that may be a bit of a trip.

I also have a decent stock of spare parts so if something else needs some love I may have the bits to deal with it.

#2 mark tomlinson, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Geof likes this.