1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Need some help with E3d v6 upgrade

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Omar157, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Omar157

Omar157 New Member

im sick of toying around with my new hot end. I installed my e3d v6 from printed solid and it jammed on my second print. After speaking with them it turns out I was printing to hot so that's my fault but I took it apart and cleared the jamb. Now my the fan shroud is super loose. I tried installing it 100 different ways but still very loose. I used some kapton tape to tighten it a bit while the replacement shows up and now I installed the hot end and tightened the screws all the way but the hot end is loose. Is this a common problem? I'm not a fan of the plastic quick release plate in the least bit. The old metal one was so much smoother. Can I modify the old metal one to fit? Does anyone know why it could be loose?

Attached Files:

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The only way to make the metal one work would be thickening it with tape or the such. This would be a get by until you can print a new one. The hexagon/j head has a smaller area than the e3d, did you print the correct one ?

Patrick Ryan likes this.