1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Need to Disassemble Hot End and problems with z-height

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by CrazyCat, Feb 15, 2015.

1. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

it had it at 1.1 so i changed it to 1, gonna give it a go. Wish me luck

2. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

I was gunna say, drop it to .85 -.9 you don't need to be over 1... those 2 things are probably your problem.

3. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

ok, will do thanks

4. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

Thank god I'm stubborn like my dad without his temper. Enough stubborn to keep at it but he would have chucked it off the deck by now. I've seen it happen with a computer before lol.

5. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

So are you both using the MatterControl Software? Have you had any issues with it? I seem to have issues with it stopping responding (just certain buttons) or earlier I had an issue where it was showing it printing at sonic speed (completion bar going up fast) but the printer simply had stopped at the end of the 9 point cal.

6. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

yea, you had a failure. If you checked your terminal (if displaying verbose) you would have had an error scrolling... or scrolled so far back you couldn't see it.

Crap.. I had an explanation. then I remembered.. that wasn't the thing.

I forget what the problem was, you had a failure though.

Check your log. or try again and the second it starts export the log (it'll scroll off way too fast).
    What temp are you printing?

7. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

I'm printing at 235 for ABS, so I wonder if the temp maybe spiked and knocked it out.

8. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

way too hot for PLA... but the computer shouldn't mind...or does it? what is the hot limit in the OEM firmware... it might be 235

I do PLA between 195 (black) and 215.

9. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

great. now it wont stop doing it. Sometimes I think this thing is going to make my brain explode. and I meant abs

10. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

Yea... max temp is 235.. so 235.1 is too hot. You're shutting down. You'll probably have to power cycle, and cycle matter control to get it back from the abyss.
    But in answer to your previous question. I like a lot of matter control's model manipulation software. When I'm not using S3D, I'm using that or repetier. Repetier lacks a bit of matter control's model manipulation and matter control lacks some monitoring functions... BUT, matter control is, I've been told, re-skinned repetier.

11. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

Well I dropped the temp to 230 and it still stopped at the end of the 9 point. I'm gonna try shutting it down and restarting her.

12. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

es.. you have to.. it has an error shutdown tripped.. actually its escaping me right now.. there's a code to reset

13. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

I dont understand why they set the temp stock to 235 for abs, knowing that it fluctuates a few degrees. I hadn't changed any settings for the temp, 235 was what they had chosen for the extruder lol

14. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

maybe i'm wrong on the max temp

15. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

And congrats to all of you who have figured this out without people like you and not having your brain explode lol

16. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

Its like just when I think I have one problem fixed, another one crops up. Oh the joys of technology.

17. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

well.. in the beginning, there was tech support, and it was kind of deaf and dumb... then came @mike kelly... and it was good. on the second day, there was mark tomlinson.. and it was also good. I also wouldn't kick robo3d 1 on 1 tech support skype out of bed for eating crackers.

2 people like this.
  18. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

ok 230 and its going......holding breath....staring so the printer gremlins dont come out and screw it up

19. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

20. CrazyCat

CrazyCat Member

lol! now if they would only let me print it. I think they spawn from my cats. kinda like gizmo