1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved New Owner, got questions

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Allelujah, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allelujah

Allelujah Member

Hello I just received my printer today and I have ran into a few issues and questions. First off, Im going to attach some photos to help explain this since I dont know what they are. The manual says they are limit switches but yeah. 2016-09-16-181622.jpg 2016-09-16-181631.jpg

Sorry for the bright light, my camera cant adjust with lighting very well. But yeah, the wires in the pics came loose and my brother and I are unsure which color goes on which peg. This is the left side limit switch. Also the limit switches themselves keep coming unlached and hitting the bottom of the body, if that made sense.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The colors are unimportant. Just make sure they are on the two outside terminals, not the center one.
    Switches don't care which one goes where

3. Allelujah

Allelujah Member

Alrighty well that solves that problem unfortunately I have come across a new problem i just now noticed. The Left outside connector snapped off in the wire. So im either going to have to learn how to solder or contact support and see what my options are.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Those are standard (and cheap) switches, but contact support -- they will send you replacements (and probably a spare).

5. Allelujah

Allelujah Member

Alrighty will do and thanks for the speedy replies. Got one more question. I checked the manual but it didnt say anything on this, but is there a safe way to turn off the printer? Or is just a flip of the switch good enough?

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The power switch removes power from the 12v power supply which removes power from the steppers and heaters which is normally good enough. To totally power it down you need to unplug the USB cable as well.

7. Allelujah

Allelujah Member

Alrighty thanks :D Changing the post to answered now. Thanks for the help again

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I always wait for it to cool down to shut it off but yep flip the switch. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new machine

9. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the new printer! Welcome to the forum. Great group here!

Mine is usually one for days at a time but when I'm done, I just turn it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.