1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New R1 -- Need Troubleshooting Help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Phil DiBona, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drandolph

drandolph Member

Thanks for the link. I did the update and it is only doing a single sample to level the bed. I was reading the configuration.h and it looks like it should be doing at least 3 points but it's not. I spent time trying to tweak and tinker and couldn't get it to do more than one sample but it's getting close to working. I sent an email to support but haven't heard back yet. We will see.

2. Phil DiBona

Phil DiBona New Member

Drandolph,

The other thing that helped me is that I upgraded to the latest version of matter control. I found the one that came with the printer was buggy.

My other big issue was that I needed a -powered- USB hub between my computer and the printer. I suffered from very poor communications before I added the hub. Even with the hub, I still get some comms dropouts when printing. I installed an XXL LCD from printedsolid.com, and now it prints to completion.

I hope that helps.

3. drandolph

drandolph Member

So I spent the night tweaking and tuning the configuration.h. Even after going through it with a fine comb I still can't figure out why it's only sampling once at the center. From what I can tell it should sample 9 times but I only get it once dead center of the plate. After adjusting the #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER I was able to get the spacing in a good place but since it's a glass bed it isn't perfectly level and I do have some layer problems but at least I am getting prints. The other nice thing is I got my Full Graphics Smart Controller working and I'm printing from SD. I am currently running the latest version of matter control.

I'm hoping at sometime the support people will get back to me with the update so I can see if that fixes my auto leveling problem.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Do you have the comm log from it trying to do the autolevel?
    Seeing the gcode and responses from the printer might help sort it out.

5. exelsion

exelsion New Member

is it possible to have your last firmware 7.17 please .

6. drandolph

drandolph Member

I don't have the com logs. I'm not sure where to capture it in MatterControl. But here is a g-code example and my configuration.h file that I keep poking around. As for the 7.17 the support guys got back to me and they are sending it out on a case by case basis. The 6.10 version is their most recent public one. However they did mention that a newer release than the 7.17 should be out sometime next week hopefully. I should mention that the 7.17 version didn't solve my issues.

Attached Files:

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Someone familiar with MC can tell you how to get the log, the gcode itself is only half the story ;)

8. E Toscano

E Toscano New Member

I had the same issue sampling just at the center of the bed for the autolevel, and what I did to fix it, was delete the printer in MC, add it again, and install the driver when asked to. It seems by driver it means driver for MC and Robo, not usb driver. Once driver was installed, it samples all three points.

9. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

I noticed on your last photo the that auto level is disabled. Click on enable.

10. drandolph

drandolph Member

So I've been using the new MatterControl Version 1.1.7 and now the auto level works perfectly. I just wanted to come back in case anyone else stumbles on this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.