1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New to Maker Revolution - Houston, TX

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by cberrya6e, May 4, 2015.

1. cberrya6e

cberrya6e New Member

Greetings, one and all! Newbie from Houston here. My R1 printer arrived Friday, 1 May, and I had to wait until Saturday to unpack and get it up and running. And it worked like a champ out of the box!! I had a model built for a special switch mount for a min. diameter high power rocket and it printed exactly like it was configured to do. Once I understood more about the settings, I printed the perfect part subsequently. Now my wife understands just how cool this thing is and my older son has printed his first object - he is so jazzed!! He even asked me, somewhat presciently, if I could use it to print another 3D printer! I am really impressed with the quality and functionality of this thing. Well done, Robo team!!

Regards,
    Chuck
    Houston, TX

Printed Solid and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard. If you haven't done so... reprap.org is an awesome place to go for designs and guidance on using your printer to build another.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Welcome aboard!

4. cberrya6e

cberrya6e New Member

Yeah, building one was my desired entry into this field, but I didn't have the time and/or energy to get it done on a deadline - the launch is this coming Saturday. I am more interested in adding a second extruder and an LCD screen to this device, if it makes sense.

5. barry ginsberg

barry ginsberg New Member

You were incredible lucky. Mine:
    1. blew a fuse as soon as i turned it on (mark helped me find and replace the fuse)
    2. broke the forward connector for the Y drive belt. I fixed this with scotch tape while waiting for a part.
    3. broke the rear connector for the Y drive belt (again scotch tape). I think these connectors are under-engineered.
    4. wouldn't autolevel.

The incredible volunteer hosts and staff members go me past this and i am up and running, but i think this is still tinkerer technology.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

After your saga I went and downloaded the STL for those connectors an printed a couple because, I could :)
    Preventative medicine.