1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Newbie...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by crustacean, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crustacean

crustacean New Member

Just got my printer and have a few questions. When I removed it from the box, I had an unconnected extra fan with a wide bracket laying in the box bottom and no idea where this was suppose to be....and although I got a 8x 10 sheet that told me my rear bracket was unconnected, I could not find out where it was loose. I adjusted the levels, loaded the software and have tried to print something simple....but to no avail. The Manual Control in Repetier seems to move everything at the beginning, but after that, nothing happens even after I have Spliced and Gcoded it. What's happening? Would Like to get this up and running. Dave...frustrated....in Maryland

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. crustacean

crustacean New Member

I lean towards it's being a communication problem, but everything seems to go well up to the print. Do I have to seperately copy and paste Gcode into slot on one of the screens and then hit Send? Thanks by the way for the fan info...mounted and plugged in as should be.

4. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Crustacean, in Repetier, load an object via the File menu, (easier), either a STL file or the Load Gcode link if the STL file was already sliced.
    Make sure you connect, should be green,
    Then on the right, click on Slicer tab and click SLICE, wait for it to finish, then press on Run >

5. crustacean

crustacean New Member

Peter, I have done this and it still doesn't activate the printer. I believe I'm going to try to start at Ground Zero and go through it all again to see if I have missed something. Everything goes green and it says it you can start. I do this and nothing really happens. Will go through set up again.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Nozzle and bed temp have to be close to 'at temp' before it will start. It will wait for them to get there, otherwise, it should start printing within a minute or so.

7. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Also, look at your Gcode. Is there any line showing the structure of the model? I once loaded a model into Repetier and it only showed the beginning and end codes. Nothing to print. When I started the job it ended without any movement. So I loaded up another model and re-sliced and then the code was longer and it printed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.