1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Ninja SemiFlex

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by lamiskin, Aug 11, 2015.

1. lamiskin

lamiskin New Member

Hi All,

I am not sure if I am having issues printing semi flex, or if my expectations are not achievable.

I've been trying to print with ninja semiflex (which I understand is easier to print than standard ninja flex). I've gotten okay results by lowering print speed to 10mm/s, 1.25 extrusion multiplier, 235 Deg C and did the standard tube support to stop the material buckling (previously I was having extrusion issues).

IMG_6430.JPG

I've also tried combinations of cooler (210 Deg C) all the way up to hotter temps (250 Deg C), it seems to be around the 230-235 mark I am getting the nicest prints. Any lower and I have issues extruding.

I've also tried some faster speeds up to 20mm/s, as I read one person had some success there, but it seemed to have also failed for me.

Some previous failures (and some fairly successful prints):
    IMG_6428.JPG

So in the first image above, is that about the best qaulity between the layers that I can acheive? It just seems a bit to rough from what I've seen from standard Ninja flex. I can't seem to find many examples of semi flex prints out there to compare too.

IMG_6431.JPG

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No, you can get cleaner prints that that. That seems a bit on the hot side (temperature wise) but I hate to try and judge that since we use the volcano and all of our settings are colder. I used a normal PLA profile for the Semiflex. If you are having extrusion difficulties at the lower end then cooling it down may not be an option. Speed would be the only thing I tweaked (slower), but yours seems well in-line:

• Recommended extruder temperature: 210-225°C (410-437°F)
    • Recommended platform temperature: 20-50°C (68-122°F)
    • Recommended print speed: 30mm/s