1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer No extruding first layers after firmware update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lutherus, Feb 3, 2018.

1. lutherus

lutherus New Member

Recently i updated firmware on my r1+. I updated it to the mesh firmware.
    Printer now gives decent prints but my problem is that is isnt extruding first few layers.

First i was thinking there is maybe somewhere clog so i replaced nozle but still same. Still same. Yesterday i also replaced hotend and put all new e3dv6 and still same, first few layers arent extruding. Did someone had similar problem? What should i do?

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Go back to stock firmware and eliminate that as a possibility.
    It should not be involved given the symptoms, but I have not used the non-stock firmware and can't comment on that.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

What @mark tomlinson says is good troubleshooting practice. I can tell you that there are no other reports of this type of behavior as a result of using either the MESH or UBL variants of the Community based firmware. I suspect the fault lies somewhere else. There is only one line that changes the flow rate of filament between the Robo firmware and the Community firmware and that is to adjust extruder steps to more accurately extrude the amount of filament you are asking the printer to extrude and it is where the steps for all axes and the extruder are defined.
    Code:
    #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   { 80, 80, 800, 800 }  // Default steps per unit for RoboR1+PLUS  [BH]
    The parameters are in this order { X axis, Y axis, Z axis, Extruder}