1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Not managed to print anything on Robo3D so far.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John Fretwell, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Fretwell

John Fretwell New Member

I think i know what the issue is now, the heater switches off.

When i had it set to 230 it started to print ok, after the first layer it started to make a grinding noise and then started to show lumps which according to the web is a sign of the filament not being hot enough, eventually nothing came out.

I then turned on the heater on the software and watched it, for a while it was on 230 then it started dropping. That would be why the filament stopped coming out, the grinding was the filament being forced through by the wheel, you can see the damage done to the filament by the wheel. It took me a very long time to get that filament out, i had to keep turning the heat on and off to keep the temperature up so i could pull it out.

How i am going to fix this i don't know, i will see what Robo3D has to say.

Attached Files:

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

OK John you are actually trying to do 1000 things at the same time and you are having multiple issues we need to slow down and take a breath and tackle them one by one. I am not trying to be difficult but youare stating things that should not be happening so we need to figure some stuff out and work on it to get it corrected and setup the right way for you.

This is also a slow way of communicating since we have to wait do you use skype at all if so we should skype this problem if younot you should get it it is free to chat with and I use it all the time

Please let me know if we can do this through skype
    my id is jeff janes or jj.tesseract not sure which they link to

Also where are you located I think we will have a large time difference thing going on as well
    not that that bothers me the first few people I was helping we in England and the Netherlands and I am in California so it no biggie for me

2 people like this.
  3. John Fretwell

John Fretwell New Member

Thanks Jeff. I sent you a message via skype. I managed to print something yesterday, it never came out perfect but i think it was because one of the guys here created it (it is attached), however, it never clogged up so it is a start in the right direction. The heater issue also i think was set inside one of the files which would be why it cooled down so much.

Attached Files:

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

HI John never recieved the message on Skype. I am glad you got a print going not sure what the square file is never used of heard of that as a test from people here but may have simply missed it. I will be able to walk you through the process of getting this set up I recently help Keranopolis(sp) and autopsyTurvy to get their system going fine so we can work on yours as well. First thing try and send image of issues if you are able they go a long way in getting things resolved and it could possibly show me something you may not know to look for

Things we need to do to get you printing correctly is
    determine sw issues if any
    get the axis level to the bed
    set prints to show skirts and the do test printing to fine tune the height using the z adjustment
    so ket me know exactly where you currently are

I still am puzzled at not recieving any contact requests on SKYPE

5. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

hello. sorry to advertise my own thread on a non relevant post but tesseract, you seem to be very smart. could you check oh the noob post I just put up and please help me :(. sorry to post in an irrelevant page to my issue

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I just reinstalled everything on a windows 8 64-bit machine and it works fine. I don't think that is your issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.