1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Octoprint change for mesh bed leveling in Marlin 1.1.0RC4

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by John Edwards, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Anytime you have a manufactured bed that is not machined for flatness you "have to" adjust some how. So you did it 100% manually, good for you!

You still did it. And if you have kept up you would know that MESH is just an assisted manual level, that uses the LCD screen for a measurement display device. The intent of this thread was to bypass the need for the LCD and having OctoPrint facilitate the process instead.

In the absence of a 100% flat plate anytime you suspend your build plate in the case of rectangular ones at the four corners or for circular ones in three places, there will be areas that are not 100% flat (in plane) and may require adjustments to one or more layers to correct such anomalies.

I swapped my bed because it broke not because it wasn't flat and I didn't use MIC6 so no guarantee of flatness. And for your information is not in any way pertinent to this conversation.

I understand you have a hard on for Robo3D but instead of just condemning (see post #18) you very well could have answered the question posed instead.

Rigmarol and Ed Ferguson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.