1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

old archive post

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rileyAR15, Dec 28, 2015.

1. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

What happen to all the old archive post? Reason im asking im running the kick-starter printer have not touched it in over a year now i have time to play around and wanted to resolve problems i was having before i stopped using the printer.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Everything should still be on the forums. What specifically are you looking for

3. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

Was looking up the overheating problem thought there was a fan to hook to the board and i remember there were a few hooking up a solid state relay think it has the wiring info in the post also..

4. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

Ok i did find some of the old post but a lot of the links people left dont work anymore. Do you know where there is info or a pic where to plug the fan in on the board?

Thanks

5. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

When the forum was updated a little while back, it made all the old links invalid. Sucks, I know.

[​IMG]

6. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

Printed Solid,
    Thanks for the pic. Now my next noob question is i ordered the hotend off the robo 3d site and since im running the kickstarter looks like a plastic hotend do i have to make a mod or will that hotend bolt right end? I have not looked at the old wiring for the original hotend but the new one has all the connectors so is the new and old going to be plug and play or am i going to have to rewire the new?

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You are going to need to do some splicing of the wires and/or connectors.
    It you have the original J-Head then it was wired directly back to the RAMPS.
    If you ordered a Hexagon from Robo then it will come expecting connectors.

8. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

So the new hot end will bolt right end i will just have to splice the wiring? So you know will the old thermistor from old printer work? Will i have to do a firmware update sorry for all the questions just now of the old links i have saved to my favorites work any more.

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The new hotend will use a thermistor, I do not remember if the JHead had a removable one. I think you have to order a thermistor with the hotend.

The E3D hotends have a full kit, but Robo probably expects you to order all the bits.