1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

onboard Raspberry Pi is slow and keeps disconnecting from my wifi

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by supercazzola, Jan 4, 2023.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you mean the non-robo version of OctoPrint (one that does not have the LCD plugin) then just use the startup script settings in either your slicer or in OctoPrint. I'd suggest the beforePrintStarted script as the one to set your Z offset in if you are doing it in OctoPrint.

2. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

What I was trying to say was, in the factory SD card, I used to view the EEPROM Settings, and see the z-offset.
    On the vanilla Octoprint, I assume I could go to the terminal, and type M503 and see what it is currently set for.

when I do that in mine, I see

Recv: echo:Home offset:
    Recv: echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z-9.33​

I had to replace a brass nozzle, and while I tried my best to make sure I did it the same, when the units were heated, if I need to adjust this value to bring the bed closer to, or further away from the new nozzle tip, I would normally just go into the EEPROM and adjust it accordingly (where a higher negative number means the bed is further away from the nozzle).

I guess I could do that all in Gcode, if there isn't any plugin for the EEPROM.

Is my question clearer now?

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yep, and startup Gcode is going to be the solution I use for generic OctoPi
    The exact code you use depends on which flavor of CGode you have. Marlin up to 1.1.x used the m565 command and that is posted in the R1 FAQ if you do not already know it. Marlin 2.x uses a different approach.

I actually have a profile for each printer in Simplify and just use that profile to slice and when I network upload it to the version of OctoPi on that printer it has all that already embedded and ready to go.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

To clairfiy -- the Orange Pi is not the same hardware as the Raspberry Pi but it is very much the same and it uses a flavor of Armbian customized for that CPU -- you can find Pi apps already ported (like OctoPrinnt) or port them yourself if you are ambitious

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/G029-abl-bilinear.html

That is probably the best place to start.
    The old R1+ style of leveling is deprecated (you can't even find the M565 command documented in Marlin any longer).

It may seem a bit complicated, but read it through. I think the MESH bed leveling is likely the best approach and needs to be redone only after hotend work (like a nozzle replacement).