1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Only Larger prints failing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by sd463d, May 2, 2016.

1. sd463d

sd463d New Member

Hey! Complete novice here. Just got my first 3D printer (Robo R1 Plus) 2 days ago and have noticed that I will get a hardware error message when attempting any larger prints. Usually it occurs after the first layer or 2. I have the extruder temp set to 210° and the bed to 50°. Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated. I have printed several smaller items (in terms of bed surface area) and they all have come out fine. In fact one was a 4+ hour print and came out perfect. The two that have consistently failed in roughly the same time both had larger surface areas.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

We need the specific error you are getting at a minimum.
    The software you are using would be good to know as well.

3. sd463d

sd463d New Member

The error was "Printer stopped due to hardware errors. Fix the error and use code M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)" Something very close to that. I can pull the actual G-code later and see if I can get anything else from it. Also I'm using MatterController.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No, there is an actual error somewhere before that. It just repeats that after the initial error.
    Look through the entire GCode console log.

Geof likes this.