1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Order Delays - report your estimated vs. actual delivery

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pkb3D, Sep 3, 2014.

1. pkb3D

pkb3D New Member

Hi everyone,

I've made 2 orders to Robo3D and have experienced delays on receiving both. I'd like to know how widespread a problem this is with Robo3D customers. In order to keep the discussion focused on the objective data, please refrain from negative comments or personal experience in this thread. Here are how my orders went:

Order: Robo3D Printer (PLA+ABS), 1 roll Black ABS, 1 roll Blue ABS
    Ordered: 16-Feb-2014
    Latest estimated delivery: 30-Mar-2014 (4-6 weeks estimate given on order)
    Actual delivery: 2-Apr-2014 (*I ended up driving from LA to San Diego to pick up the printer directly)
    Difference: 3 days (with in-person pickup, would have been later with added delivery time)

Order: Auto-bed level upgrade, y-axis upgrade
    Ordered: 12-Jul-2014
    Latest estimated delivery: 23-Aug-2014 (4-6 weeks estimate given on order)
    Actual delivery: not yet delivered
    Difference: so far: 10 days past six weeks estimate, 52 days since Robo3D took payment

2. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

This has already been aired repeatedly. Many of us have experienced long delays between order and delivery. ROBO's customer service in this regard is pretty abysmal. While there often mitigating circumstances, ROBO reps have yet to grasp much of any level of transparency in what is going on toward the customers who wait. I'm not angry about this particularly, but very disappointed. Also, I have a paid April 10th order for a bed upgrade that has yet to be done. When it comes to ROBO, I find it is best to go all Zen... or crazy. I choose the former.

2 people like this.
  3. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

ON another thread I have bled my unhappy about delays and still no improvement.
    From Robo3D themselves - this is the reality currently. There is no one, yes NO ONE LOOKING AFTER OR BUILDING PARTS or fulfilling (parts) orders and currently NO TIMETABLE on when this might change. ALL energy is on front services - new printers to new customers and struggling with those timelines. Too few hands. It would not be unfair to suggest senior ranks have little focus /low to no priority towards backend services. (horses mouth advice don't forget) (Plain stupid in my opinion) and I want them to succeed.
    Curiously after a number of polite to not so polite emails seeking answers - remain all unreplied up until I requested immediate cancellation of my order - I received a refund within 24hrs. WOW!. As there is no stock and no building of parts ordered I think I know where I would prefer my hard earned cash to be - maybe a few more refunds might be noticed and promote some focus. See no expletives or nasties, just simple reality and a genuine interest at seeing Robo 3D thrive. They need to get their after sales business $%&^ together. My printer has been silent since 'my cancelation (need parts) how long is that healthy for them if others are too. They need our assistance I suggest. Love.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I hear lots of complaints and suggestions they need to improve. Though I never really hear any concrete suggestions on how they can actually do it.

Keep in mind, they don't have money to hire new people.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It could be that the business is simply 'too good' in that the price point is too low (i.e. you can't deliver the product and support for the price you charged). Overhead creep is a tough one to deal with. Prices have to go up (OR offer a premium support service--you can charge for that).

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Sounds like the makerbot approach.

7. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

Mike, complaining is not what my information is - but an up to date understanding of what IS or is not happening - On Aug 13 you gave a ' it's al better now' comment and as colleges have payments made for numerous months it was a bit unfair not to let them know - the wait is not over.
    I have made my personal view of possible ways forward directly, but a fly on the wall management is a nonsense. These are bright intelligent people who only need to look at business macro and micro management formula to see the issues and to seek help if uncertain. Emotion aside the first 3yrs is a tall hill to climb and the world is littered with casualties - so customers screaming can only add focus to what needs attention. We all want them to succeed.