1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

PEI on the Robo heated Bed

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by daniel871, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Mattchu

Mattchu Member

I just re-read that...so, even at 100% first layer height it sticks hard? brutal. What's your brim set at? I'm probably going to tape it down tonight after work.

2. Mattchu

Mattchu Member

got a .04" PEI board installed. Ran a part as normal aaaaaand...it won't stick. literally the skirt and first layer will not adhere. Suggestions? tried it at 50%, 90%, and 125% for first layer height settings, bed temps at 80, 90, and 100 degrees (adjusting for the thickness of the board/sheet), filament at 230. I've had massive success in the recent past when printing ABS using the slurry, but not it doesn't even attempt to stick to the surface now on the intial passes. hard to tell if it's too low or too high, I'll mess with it more later tonight.

3. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Not sure what to tell you, I'm actually printing right now with the bed completely off to print the solid mounting brackets for the enclosure due to the hinges I'd had until now starting to come apart.

Did you remove the protective coating layer from both sides of the PEI and then wipe the print surface with alcohol (and allow it to evaporate off) before printing?

4. daniel871

So much for printing. The robo is shifting every few layers during prints and at this point I'm saying "fuck it".

Checked the Y-axis gear and everything is tight, so I don't know wtf.

image.jpeg

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Uh, X axis is right and left. Y is front/back :)

Loose belt or cog?

p.s. Z is up/down :)

6. daniel871

I know which axis is which. The pic is of two parts I took off the bed and turned so the shift could be seen more easily.

Nothing is loose. All screws are tight and the belts thrum like guitar strings if plucked.