1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Pictures from the 2014 Midwest Reprap Fest

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AxisLab, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

I had the chance today to bring Robo and be a part of the festival. Oh man it was awesome. I wish I could have stayed longer.
    The pictures pretty much speak for themselves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. AxisLab

Ha I thought the same thing when I saw her in that picture.

Its a motorcycle motor and it Flippin works!! That's who I sat next to. It is Huge. when he spins it you can see the pistons thrusting in the white chambers and feel the air pushing out of the green mufflers.
    He had pictures and scans from a 1920's motorcycle from Jay Leno's garage. he made all the cad files himself and put this together. Took years. Just crazy.
    It was pretty much the star of the show and here I am sitting right next him with simple thingiverse trinkets and making a dinky stretchlet for a kid there lol. But he was cool, said that's how he started out too so that was encouraging.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What did he print it on? That's insanely awesome. I need to try printing springs like that

5. Red Submarine

Red Submarine Active Member

Those engines are pretty sweet. I think they are called "rotary engines" if I'm not mistaken. We used to have a massive, 5' across one from an airplane in my high school auto shop.

I too am interested in printing springs, doesn't seem too hard.

6. AxisLab

A prusa I3 based machine he makes himself so not unlike the robo I guess.. He is the one in this picture hunched forward with the green sleeves. Sounds like he started his own small printer company as he said he has put together 19 printers this year.

[​IMG]

7. AxisLab

Here's one other picture my fiance took. This is early on when I first got there and had to do a quick stepper motor swap.
    [​IMG]

8. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

I noticed they are using blue painters tape. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. AxisLab

I was at the time of that picture. That was my robo, not the actual company itself.
    I've got it dialed in much better now so just straight on bed for most parts.
    I don't have a heated bed so sometimes the tape still helps. tall skinny parts break away easy on a cold bed. Tape locks it down nice. Seems to help on corner lift too if its pressed in enough on the first layer.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.