1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Poor customer service?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by dguisinger, Dec 10, 2015.

1. dguisinger

dguisinger New Member

So I ordered a Robo3D printer on Sunday ( 12/6 ) and received a confirmation email.
    I then received no confirmation of availability or when it was going to ship.
    I emailed Robo3D on Tuesday (12/8) and asked when it will ship or if they had a tracking number, I received an automated email with a case number, but never got a response.
    Wednesday night I sent Robo3D a facebook message because it said they respond to facebook messages generally within an hour, never got a response.
    Thursday around noon my time I called Robo3D, talked to a sales person who took my information, didn't have the ability to look up the order himself, and said I would get an email back.

6 hours later, still no information from Robo3D.
    I am quite frustrated.

And on top of that I find my local best buy is selling Robo3D printers for $100 less than direct, I could run out today and pick it up. Why am I spending 15% more to wait an unspecified amount of time with crap service? If I wanted crap service, I would have bought something generic like Monoprice.

Does anyone else have this experience with Robo3D?
    What about technical support? Are they this freaking awful all the time?

2. dguisinger

dguisinger New Member

Of course as soon as I post this I get an email from them, figures right?

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Still not sure why you didn't actually buy it from the Blue Shirts, they may not know a thing about the Robo, but you would have had it that very hour. Besides you ordered online, so you already made your decision and didn't really need Robo's help to make your final purchase.

4. dguisinger

dguisinger New Member

Bought it off of a recommendation from a friend who has one. I haven't stepped foot in a best buy in years and had no idea they were stocking them until I started researching Robo3D when I couldn't get a response regarding my order. I comparison shopped with places like Amazon, I didn't think best buy would be selling it for 13% less than everyone else.

5. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

First off do you know what version of the Robo3d at best buy R1 or R1 plus?

I am all for saving money but know what your getting, 13 % might be to clear old stock.

#5 Chuck Erwin, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  6. dguisinger

dguisinger New Member

7. Rohan

Rohan New Member

Hey I ordered my R1+ on Christmas and got a special deal and now I am hearing that Best Buy is selling it. Ugh. How long until you recieved a tracking number, or how long did it take to reach your house since its been a while for the post to start? I would have gone to Best Buy to save time and money but now it's to late to cancel the order.

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I think my printer took one week, but with the holidays it may be late. I bought from amazon.