1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

power switch

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Steve73, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve73

Steve73 New Member

ok I finally got it connected to the computer and it worked on the print I ran last night, I tried to turn the power off to it and now I can not get it to turn back off I think the power switch is broken.... id rather not run the electricity to it when its not running anything I can do (besides taking it apart and rewiring in a new one) I was debating just pulling the power cord but would rather not as with most electronics this causes issues.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can pull the power cord, no harm done there.

There have been a number of bad switches (cheaper parts would be my guess). You can:

1) ping support and request a replacement
    2) fix the one you have, possibly (depends on how broken it is)
    3) buy a better one and swap it in.
    something like this one :

http://www.amazon.com/Inlet-Module-...880927&sr=1-1&keywords=power+plug+with+switch

(should be really close to what is there):

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You could maybe do 2 & 3 :)
    (or 1 &2)
    Like I said, just depends how broken the switch is.
    If the rocker is just sticky you may be able to disassemble it some and get it going.

EDIT: You may be able to find that switch at a local store. Not sure off the top of my head WHICH one, but possible.

4. BrianFraz

BrianFraz Member

I wouldn't worry about unplugging it from the wall. In this case, that is literally what the switch does. Since this is going to a power supply too, it has some capacitors all charged up, so it will even run for a few seconds after being disconnected from a power supply.

5. Steve73

Steve73 New Member

soon I think I will have experienced every possible problem with this machine..... im onto a completely different issues now.... bt im reading the forums myself so as not to keep making people repost the same stuff over and over....

2 people like this.
  6. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Member

Did you ever figure out the issue with the switch? Im having a problem with blowing fuses after it turns on.

7. Steve73

Steve73 New Member

ROBO WIRE1.jpg ROBO WIRE1.jpg no this is one of the many issues this printer caused, also had an issue with the wiring breaking and now the printer is effectively the most expensive paperweight in our shop. I would really like to just be able to get my money back and reinvest it into another one of the other printers we tested. as I was watching my printer try to do its second print this happened it tore out the wiring..... ive emailed them and they want me to solder it in as im not someone who solders this is not an option, after emailing them they now want me to order a wiring harness from them but the way that it is designed ( badly) this will happen more than just this one time.... this printer has caused nothing but headaches and is nothing more than a large overpriced paperweight, I haven't tried to o anything with it as I was hoping to just ship it back and get my money back but they wont do that either.

Attached Files:

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

That's very unfortunate. I'm hoping they change their mind and decide to send you a new wiring harness, but it is possible to fix this without soldering. Though it will cost more because the switches have solder on the leads so you'll need to buy new ones.

How long have you owned this?

9. Steve73

Steve73 New Member

ive had this printer less than 2 months I emailed them that I would like a new wiring harness sent to me asap, before my warranty runs out id like to get at least one(successful) print from it. hope I can get this repaired but apparently I need a parts requisition form..... could someone please link that to me so I can print a few off and start getting the replacement parts ive found to be defective

10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.