1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Printer demo mode

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rAY, Jun 6, 2017.

1. rAY

rAY New Member

Hello fellow Robo printers,
    I have purchased a Robo 3d R1 Plus printer that was a demo model, the printer never printed anything just moved like it was. I have used the reset button on the control board and removed the SD card as per instructed by the Robo Engineer techs. Printer will not print and go to temp on the bed and print head. Please help, any ideas?

Ray

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi ray,
    If the printer is at temp and filament is loaded into the extruder to at least the hobbled bolt ot should at least extrude. Can you take some pictures of your machine and uo close of the hotend and the rear of that assembly (where the two spring loaded screws are)

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

What software are you using for starters?

Geof likes this.
  4. rAY

rAY New Member

I am using software REPRAP.
    So I tried something and this is what I did and what came of it.
    1. Connected printer directly to my PC
    2. Inserted the SD card
    3. Attempted to print something
    Bam all seemed to work correctly. Then while it was printing I disconnected the printer from the PC, it stopped.
    Restarted another print job with printer connected to PC, Bam working fine so then I removed the SD card printer stopped then I re-inserted the SD card and it started to print. So to me it seems there is something to do with the SD card or whats on it????
    I installed the SD card into my PC to look at the files and all I see are the G-codes of models I installed on the card.
    Someone please have an idea to what the issue is for I am lost. Confused and dumbfounded.

Thank you
    Ray

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Some software will do that others will launch the print from the SD card and you can then pull the cable. I use simplify3d and that is how it worked. It has an option to launch a print from sd card.

I have since converted all my printers to to use octoprint and I can not say exactly how to do it with other software.