1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer keeps disconnecting during print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Aaron bycroft, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron bycroft

Aaron bycroft New Member

so I can not really even get thu one layer without the printer disconnecting

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Pretty obvious question, but have you tried using a different usb cable/port/computer?

What sort of troubleshooting have you done?

3. Aaron bycroft

Aaron bycroft New Member

The printers seems to freeze and then I can hear the disconnect sounds from windows, while attempting to disconnect and reconnect to the printer I then get an error saying the port does not exists anymore and then told to remap it.

I have tried 3 different computers also going as far to reinstall windows on one to make sure it was not anything I have installed.

I have tried 4 different cables and all ports on each computer, I will be testing if it has the some problem after I have reuploaded the firmware and then will try with a reprap smart lcd to see if it freezes on that as well and I m yet to get a fan underneath it to make sure it is not overheating.

4. polylac

polylac New Member

are the connections on the printer (soldering points etc.) all good?
    Don't know if there are many of them who could cause such a problem, but other problems occured by bad soldering points or other loose connections.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Definitely look at the solder blob for connectivity. Would make sense that the vibration of the machine moving could cause a disconnect even if it works fine statically.

Besides that it might be a software issue and a firmware flash could fix it.

6. Aaron bycroft

Aaron bycroft New Member

thanks guys seems to be all great now reuploaded the firmware and happily printing part for addons and other printers and then GLaDOS

3 people like this.
  7. John Rygg

John Rygg Active Member

I am having the same issue. Most of the time my prints finish ok. But every once in a while ok long print it seems like the USB connection is lost and the print stops.
    I cannot reconnect unless I exit out of repeiter and unplug the USB and replug the USB.

Don't see any errors in the windows logs

8. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Is there ANYTHING ELSE on the same circuit path as the printer and computer are the both plugged into the wall? Are they on a power strip? Is anything else on the power strip as well?

A power fluctuation could cause a USB signal to be interrupted

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.