1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Printer not feeding corectly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Doug1289, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Doug1289

Doug1289 New Member

OK so i installed a new print head. I grabbed an e3d one, and yes it is a genuine one. So the printer worked flawlessly prior the swap. Now it seems to Stutter while feeding. I raised the head and set it to extrude 100 mm and marked out where 100 mm should be on the filament. It finished and i measured and came up 44.7 mm short of my mark. Am i having a calibration issue or is it something else. Please know that i am still pretty new to 3d printing. I will try and get a video up.

Thanks

2. Doug1289

Doug1289 New Member

Here is a video if it helps. You can see the pauses.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Can you walk us through everything you did to install the E3D V6 please. Need more information on that side of whats going on.

4. Doug1289

Doug1289 New Member

So as far as i can remember i followed the directions of someone on youtube. i can see if i can find the video i followed. I installed the bowden tube, and the video said i had to remove one of the plastic spacers that didnt quite fit with this head. Im not going to lie, i did it about 3 months ago before i moved and cant remember everything exactly. I now have time to get back into it and am looking to get it printing good again.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You do have the PTFE liner for the cold section installed right?

6. Doug1289

Doug1289 New Member

Yes i do have it installed.

7. Doug1289

Doug1289 New Member

OK so i finally got some time to work on the printer again. I attempted to see if i was extruding the correct amount. I set it to extrude 100 mm. I did it a couple time and for some reason i came up 41 mm short. So i read that i need to make an adjustment in Mater Control within the EEProm section. I'm not sure what field gets changed. Or you guys may tell me i am not doing the correct thing am that iI'm a total idiot.This is what i see.

Am i on the right track and what value do i change. Or should i go it in the G code. Any more help would be great. I would like to get back to printing.

Attached Files:

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Someone who has done it from MatterControl to the EEPROM can comment. I have never done that.

Only way I have done the extruder calibration is via editing the firmware as discussed the video by Tom Sanlanderer (which I can post again). You edit the eSteps in the firmware and reload it with the Arduino IDE (then you need to make sure you run the GCode to reload the flash EPROM: M502 followed by M500).

#8 mark tomlinson, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Geof likes this.