1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer out of control

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by erickbeebe58, Feb 6, 2020.

?

How can I fix my printer?

1. Good

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. bad

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. erickbeebe58

erickbeebe58 New Member

I need help fixing my Robo R2. I've been with Robo through two rounds of Kickstarter. Robo fixed my R2 when it was broken. Now it's broken again. It won't print successfully on one side of every print. Photo uploaded. Robo has no clue what the problem is. The printer makes loud noises as the print head moves about. Robo says they no longer repair printers. I'm close to sending this to Goodwill and purchasing a Prusa. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix my Robo so it will print correctly? Thank you.

Attached Files:

• pp1.jpg
      pp1.jpg
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Moved your thread from the R1 section to the R2 section... might get better answers here :)

As one who first deal with Robo via kickstarter in 2013 ... I feel your pain

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

As a wild guess (I do not have an R2 -- I do have a C2 and too many R1's)

I would check that the gantry is square. They cover that in their docs : https://help.robo3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001792512-Gantry-alignment

and perhaps lubricate the bearings.

The gantry being even a little out of square will cause you grief. It is easy to fix though (I managed to fix my C2 gantry without even having the docs when it first arrived).

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If you run it for a long time un-lubricated or out of square the bearings will score the smooth rods and that will then make the bearings wear out sooner. So... check this.

On my C2 shipping had managed to knock one of the flanges free from the frame where the rods mount into the plastic frame of the top of the printer. So it was just "floating" and would move around as the print head moved around... that was clearly not good. I managed to get it back into place and then used epoxy to make sure it could not move again.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

6. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

I own a R2 printer. Since the thread was posted to the wrong forum, how about giving us a chance to assist you with troubleshooting.

@mark tomlinson is correct about the mechanics of the gantry. It would be prudent to check the gantry for mechanical issues.

What type of filament are you using? What is the printing temperature? Which software are you using to do the slicing with? How are you getting the Gcode of the sliced model into the R2 printer?

Also, please read the R2 FAQ.

#6 tkoco, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020