1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Printer Under extruding in certain areas

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Shberfet, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shberfet

Shberfet New Member

I have been having a very strange issue with my printer where in will under extrude in a certain area of the print but be relatively normal every where else. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Attached Files:

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

It looks like you are speaking of layer number 1 (from the picture) That is attributable to a bed that has a slight warp and auto-level not accommodating that warp. Before you blame Robo for a warped bed please note that Glass beds, no matter who makes them or which printer subsequently uses them are never perfectly flat. It is the result of the way glass is made.

Also the firmware used (all Robo R1 printers despite model or firmware revision) is based on Marlin 1.0.0 and as such only level via a 'best fit' plane. So it takes the nine measured probe points and then matches a single plane to fit through as best as it can. That will leave some points above and some points below the plane.

tldr;
    Paper level your bed at the four magnets as best you can. I do it by using a cheap hand held hole punch from Office Depot / Staples / Walmart, anywhere really, and punch holes in a piece of contact paper (shelf liner) I used the little discs to build up whatever corner needs to be raised so that the bed is as level as possible. The the Auto-leveling routine in Marlin will have an easier time fitting the plane to the probed measurements.

#2 WheresWaldo, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is not uncommon for the bed to be unlevel at the extreme ends as yours is.
    Manual leveling will help since the autoleveling will have less to adjust for.
    If the bed itself is actually warped there is only so much that you can do with the current auto-leveling, but it is more likely the bed is just really unlevel on on end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.