1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printing a working bearing assembly?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PACNOR RC AEROSYSTEMS, Mar 2, 2016.

1. PACNOR RC AEROSYSTEMS

Guys do I have to print supports when printing a whole bearing as one print. I saw a guy on YouTube do it. I used supports and now I can't get it out. It there a way to clean out the inside or should I just print without support material?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Support material generation is all about the slicer. If you are seriously in need of usable supports then a different slicer is the best answer. The only one for me that consistently generated supports that were easy to pick-n-peel away was Simplify3D.

3. PACNOR RC AEROSYSTEMS

I already have S3D.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Geof likes this.
  5. PACNOR RC AEROSYSTEMS

I already have S3D. My question was whether or not to use supports when printing a moving bearing assembly.

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I doubt you need it. I suppose it would depend on the physical size of the bearings and race, but you are probably OK without supports.
    Frankly, even if you used them they come off clean enough I wouldn't think it would matter.

Geof likes this.