1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Prints from right sides are getting messed up.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by nierro, Jul 24, 2015.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Some of the problem exhibited in the first photo looks like under-extrusion. The Robo defaults under extrude. Please look at this guide and calibrate you E-Steps accordingly.

I have also seen this if the flowrate or extrusion multiplier is too low.

2. Frankn

Frankn Member

The old FM trick. LOL Frank

3. Frankn

Frankn Member

Actually, it does make a bit of sense. That right side switch might have closed earlier than the left side thus setting a different limit height.
    The switches being hooked up in parallel just send the signal to the same area, but that signal is compared to the X position at the time of activation. Frank

4. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Some have discovered putting weight on the left side balances out the carriage better, to better compensate for the autolevel switches, just a thought not sure if it actually is proven to work but it makes sense.
    I love FM..

Frankn likes this.
  5. Ocsff

Ocsff Active Member

Make sure all the magnets on the bed are seated all the way down. My printer did this and I found it was not seated.

6. Frankn

Frankn Member

Some have discovered putting weight on the left side balances out the carriage better, to better compensate for the autolevel switches, just a thought not sure if it actually is proven to work but it makes sense.
    I love FM..
    -------------I thought about this. might try it after a few FM stabs. Haven't used FM since my old copier repair days with Xerox.

Make sure all the magnets on the bed are seated all the way down. My printer did this and I found it was not seated.
    --------------Haven't had the bed up in over a month.

Well, I have looked at the picture guides and came up empty. My best guess is a problem with the auto bed leveling. I will have to look at that for a while. There is that confusing factor that there are two commands to turn on the leveling and one must be set off. Frank

7. Frankn

Frankn Member

... _Robo prob 1.jpg Robo prob2.jpg
    _Robo prob3.jpg

OK, What I did was run 2 or 3 layers of a skirt, the indexed circle. I then remover it from the table and ran the cube.
    As you can see, the cube looks great. The circle shows up the defected area of the print. The area thins or flattens at about 5 o'clock on the circle and starts blobbing at 6:30. This continues to about 2:30. The extruder is running the circle ccw.
    This area of print which is bad is always in the same spot. Even on different STLs. It almost looks like the nozzle drops a bit during extrusion in this area. Like auto level has gone wacko! It's always the same spot, even after several paper Z setups. The extruder drive gear appears to run at a steady speed.

I am going to run some more tests, watching the flex coupling to see if , in fact, the nozzle is dropping in this area. Frank, burning the SWAG!

8. Frankn

Frankn Member

Well, I hope nierro has found out what the problem is.
    I didn't find the cause, but loading the latest matter revision (Robo 1.2.3.) seemed to negate the problem.
    The first two prints I started after loading the revision were wierd and didn't look like the prints from the same STL's I had run before. The next print was good compared to prior prints of the same STL. I think these programs have a tendency to self destruct. I thought they last forever, but alas, nothing lasts forever I guess. Frank. Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg

9. Frankn

Frankn Member

Well, It's working good now. Had two matter sliced models break free from work bead, but the Cura sliced models hung on well. It appears to be working properly now, But I am still looking for a vibration noise that cropped up, probably a fan getting ready to give up the ghost! Frank.
    PS: hope nierro fared as well.