1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved prints messes up by shifting to the left

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Arbi, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Arbi

Arbi Member

i have 2 robo3D printer and my first printer recently started shifting the prints the left in the middle of the print. The bad part is that it is random, from every 10 print i would say half of them gets messed up and of course i have to trow it away. Please look at the picture - this is when i stopped it since i noticed the shift already so i did not want to waste time. It looks like it is skipping and that is why. But my hot end easily moves in the left an right. also the belt is tight . So can someone help me why this is happening ? any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Two possibilities

- The X pulley is not tight on the X stepper motor shaft and is slipping randomly. Tighten the set screw.

- Sometimes the belt can skip a notch on the X pulley. Check that the belt teeth are in good condition and that there is no foreign stuff caught in the pulley slots.

Mike Kelly likes this.
  3. Arbi

Arbi Member

woud you please let me know where exactly that is ? is it on the motor shaft ?

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, on the end of each motor shaft is a drive cog that makes the belt move. It should be tight on the shaft (there is a set screw).

Loctite is your friend. Your Dear, dear friend.