1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Prints on one side warping

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mike Glass, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k1e1v1i1n

k1e1v1i1n Active Member

I will have to order some fans. Anyone know what CFM I should be looking for?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The higher the better. Quiet fans are nice but they don't put out much CFM ~3-4

3. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Ok, proof is in the pudding, except I can't truly tell, it was going so good until I unplugged my laptop to plugin a power supply to run the 4 inch fan, and low behold, my battery did not last 30 min and I forgot about it and my print stopped, almost finished. Least I can compare it to the one I am printing now with just the upgraded fan shroud.

4. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Let me know what you find for fans, I think the stock one could be alot better at cooling, I am defiantly going to put a front fan on also.

5. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Ok the results are in. The print that is not finished is the one that I held a fan on, you can definitely tell the fan helped the front edge, as that was the problem on this model. When I printed the full one it had a flap in the front about 1/8 inch long before it finally settled, so the fan is the answer to some of these models. The full one was printed at 200c/50, the unfinished 197/45, as I tried to compensate for cooling, I have not flashed my robo so I cant go below 197 as it could error out on extruder temp to low.
    Here is my setup for a front fan for now, does not blow overly hard, but should get the job done.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.