1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved Problems at the Top of Domes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TaylarRoids, Oct 4, 2015.

1. TaylarRoids

TaylarRoids New Member

I used the search function and didn't find a super great solution, but when printing half-spheres the very top starts to leave gaps when using Repetier Host. It seems matter control has this problem figured out because when it slices the domes, it knows when the angle gets too steep and puts in extra bits on the inside edge of the perimeters to compensate.

The real question here is, is there a setting in Repetier Host (using Slic3r) that does the same thing matter control does?

See attached pictures if my explanation isn't very clear.

Attached Files:

• crap.jpg
      crap.jpg
      File size:
      542.7 KB
      Views:
  2. TaylarRoids

TaylarRoids New Member

Upon further investigation, I have discovered that Slic3r in RH will do the same thing as mattercontol as long as the inflill is set below a certain percent. I had it set to 5% while I was having issues, but at 25% it will generate those extra inner flat layers at certain angles. I'll experiment further and leave this question here just in case anyone has it in the future.

3. gravityisweak

gravityisweak Member

In matter control, what is your setting for "top solid layers" ? I just recently printed some hollow domes with zero supports, i just adjusted that setting to 7 layers and it worked great for me. Your infill wouldn't matter much either. I'm curious to know. I can show you some pics if you're interested. Cheers.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You can also increase the number of top fill layers to get more material like that as @gravityisweak is saying