1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved R1+ Filament Jam

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by gltchmstr, Dec 27, 2015.

1. gltchmstr

gltchmstr New Member

I understand. Even if I take the heat sink out of the heater block, I still can't really get the nozzle too far in. I just tried booting it up again and there's still some filament in the heat sink. I'll try using a torch in a little bit but if that doesn't work I think I'll just order a new hotend.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

OK, I'd suggest replacing it with an E3D, but I do understand there is more cost.

The best deal out there right now might be @Printed Solid with his 'upgrade bundle'*

Good luck

*I don't work for him, but he has great products, service and he is a fellow member here.

3. gltchmstr

gltchmstr New Member

I finally fixed it. I pretty much did the torch method, except I used one of the burners on the stove instead. After heating it up, I quickly pushed a guitar string through and wiggled it around, then I repeated that a few times. I also just bruteforced the nozzle back into the heater block, being careful of course. My printer works now, and thanks a ton for all your help. I really appreciate it.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Awesome!> Now make sure it is seasoned before you run anymore PLA through it ;)

gltchmstr likes this.
  5. gltchmstr

gltchmstr New Member

Uhhh yeahhhh, I uhh, definitely remembered to do that... of course... yeah...

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. BreakingElegance

BreakingElegance New Member

I have the same exact problem with my R1+, except I am so new to this I have no clue on how to remove the extruder from the carriage can someone point me to a video on how to remove the extruder from the unit specifically for the R1 "Plus" the video for the regular R1 seems to be different i cant seem to find the 2 screws on the Plus series they must be hidden somewhere. I do have 2 adjustable wrenches it sucks that i don't know how to get the thing out of this housing

7. gltchmstr

gltchmstr New Member

If you have a recent model, there's a hard plastic loop thing sticking out right beneath the gears. Pull on it, you wont damage anything. I know the older ones have aluminum instead of plastic, and I'm not sure what to do if you have one of those.

8. gltchmstr

gltchmstr New Member

Just to clarify, there aren't any screws you need to remove if you have the version with the plastic