1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved R1 Firmware location...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by James Harry, Mar 4, 2015.

1. James Harry

James Harry Active Member

I bought an R1 from Fry's about a month ago. I want to change max temp, but not sure which firmware to load. On the WIKI firmware page is "R1 with Auto Level and 8mm Rods", but files are dated as Aug 21, 2014. When I connect to my Robo, it shows the firmware dated October 2014.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Given how recent yours is I would suspect that it is an R1 with Auto Level and 8mm Rods.

3. James Harry

Yes, definitely. Just seems the included firmware is newer than anything on the website, so I hesitate in taking what's there and using it, potentially losing updates/fixes/etc. from the October update.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

There's no changes between the october revision and the august. There's no reason to update unless you have an issue you want to resolve.

James Harry likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I think he said he wants to change the MAX TEMP. You can use the one on the wiki that reflects the one you have (R1 with Auto Level and 8mm Rods).

But if (as Mike said) you are fine with it, don't bother messing with it.

Bill Monroe and Mike Kelly like this.
  6. James Harry

Ok, sounds good. I need to un-clog my nozzle, and getting up to 239 is good, but I like to have a little extra head-room to play with other materials as well. I've used Marlin quite a bit on my home-built remix of the 3DR using a RAMBO. At least until it fried...

Bill Monroe likes this.