1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R1 plus stops extruding - where to find replacement hobbed bolt

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by JoeF, Oct 28, 2018.

1. JoeF

JoeF New Member

My Robo 3d r1 plus printed 3 or so things and then started having extrusion problems.. I noticed the hobbed bolt was worn on one side, so ordered one off eBay. The bolt I received had a really narrow band/hobbed portion and didn’t want to line up exactly even after shimming. It now stops extruding after the first or second layer. Where can I find a better hobbed bolt? I upgraded the extruder with the print4d solid upgrade kit and purchased a titan as well, but couldn’t print long enough to make the required parts to install the extruder. I purchased this R1 Plus refurbished from Robo 3D and thinking maybe I should researched my choice a little more first. I’d like to get this one up and going, but after many hours playing around I am at my wits end. Surely it is just the hobbed bolt I ordered and would like to try replacing it before I toss this Robo 3D to the side and order a different printer.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

How does it stop extruding?
    What filament type?

If it is PLA have you tried this thread (hint: you should)?

http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...hotend-jam-clogs-seasoning-and-an-oiler.3564/

It probably is not the hobbed bolt, but even it is you can get a replacement (I got one from eBay for 5 bucks, but Robo will sell you one if you need). The one I got from eBay was a wider and deeper hobbed section than the one I got with the printer. Sounds like you just got a bad one from the eBay seller. There are several and I have no recent experience with any of them (sadly) last guy I bought from was : kirbywot

Sounds like you have made a lot of changes which makes it hard to really point to a specific thing as the failure, but if the hobbed section is not correct that can cause issues.