1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 & C2 Hat for printing ABS at Christmas (in the Winter :-)

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by steveR, Dec 15, 2017.

1. steveR

steveR New Member

Hi All...I promise I'll get to that hat soon ;-)

Bought my R2 6 weeks ago specifically to print ABS molds for an invention.

Been 5 weeks now "trying" to get it right...with lots of help from this forum...thank you to all!

But...my very first ABS print stuck "so well" to the BuildTak that it ripped off and was completely destroyed. I'll put my fix for that in another thread.

Had my first "successful" ABS print a couple days ago. I couldn't be feeling better...considering that I purchased my R2 from amazon on Nov 7 for $1499 and they are now on sale for $1277 or something like that.

OK...here is that Christmas hat that I'm sure helped to make my ABS prints work!

There are a couple of Mods here in the forum about the need to enclose the R2 in order to keep the heat in and they all looked great...but I'm too lazy to put that much work into it. So I figured I'd just get a printer cover that could do the job (plus keep the dust/dirt out - we've got lots of that here on the ranch and it settles on everything...including My R2).

Got to say I really got lucky on the first try :)

You can get one here (no I'm not an affiliate - but I'm thinking about it :)

Oops...can't put a link as I'm TOO new. Here is the workaround:

At amazon , search for "Printer Dust Cover Case, SZBRO Antistatic Vinyl Printers Water Proof Protective Covers jacket for HP, EPSON,CANON, BROTHER, PIXMA Officejet and more (15W x11H x15D)" and you should get it.

Those dimensions are exactly what you need...and for that $10.58 price tag...plus the easy to understand instructions...this can't be beat!

The really COOL thing is that I've printed with this hat on top for 22 hours now and it STAYS PUT...well not without dancing around as the print head moves. It is just a trip to watch. Plus it's a great place to put that Robo sticker.

Enjoy Christmas...and keep your Robo warm this winter :)

Steve

Attached Files:

#1 steveR, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Very clever