1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Refurb printer purchase

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by computerguy09, Oct 14, 2015.

1. computerguy09

computerguy09 New Member

Don't have a Robo 3D yet, but seriously considering getting one. Saw the refurb listings on eBay.

Question for the group - is a refurb (I'm assuming these are returns, etc.) still going to be good enough for my first printer?

What's the warranty policy on refurbs? Same as new?

Thanks for any feedback!

Mark (computerguy09)

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You need to ask whoever posted them on eBay.
    If that really is Robo3D then you can ask them directly (but via the ebay app is better).

http://robo3d.com/contact-us/

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I think a refurb would be fine. When robo gets more stock I'd suggest buying the lead screw upgrade kit (effectively making it a R1). But only do that if you have ribbing.

4. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

I got mine refurbished from Robo3d on eBay. I called them and he said you still get the warranty 60 90 days can't remember off the top of my head. I am pleased with it, I just checked and you can get one for about $500 or less.
    There was some obvious repair work on mine a crack corner on below the build plate and I had to fix the magnets on the glass plate but nothing big.

I am now considering selling mine on eBay to get the new r1 Plus, still weighing the options. I really want a dual extruder but I know that means twice the headache. I am trying to find out if the plus does any material with out a mod or changing the hot end.

Anyway I don't think you will go wrong with a refurbished from robo3d

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

R1 Plus uses the same hotend as the R1 AFAIK.