1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Replacing R1+ Extruder

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kevyn/, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Kevyn/

Kevyn/ New Member

Hey everyone,

So the extruder for my R1+ is broken(like beyond repair) and I was wondering what I would I could buy as a replacement. I've looked at the E3D V6 hotend and ruled that out because I have almost no electrical experience and no electrical tools. I've also been looking at the RepRapDiscount hotends. I want to get a quick screw-in extruder. Anyone have any ideas on what I should buy and how to install them.

Thanks, Kevyn

(Also is the Robo C2 extruder the same as the R1+?)

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi i did the v6. Any hotend will need some wiring done to install.

The c2 is the same except the heater is 19v instead of 12.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Even if you buy a generic Hexagon there will likely be some minor issues with the connectors needing to be re-done (I am not going to swear this is true as I have not used the Hexagon on the R1 series, I ldo use it on the C2 for other reasons)

Geof likes this.
  4. Kevyn/

Kevyn/ New Member

Huh I'll try and ask Robo again and if they don't have it I'll try and install a v6

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

On the R1+ it is not a big deal to install the E3D. You only need a new quick release plate and that can be gotten with the extruder if you order from @Printed Solid -- (www,printedsolid.com) or you can print your own. Otherwise the quick release plate doesn't fit correctly.