1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Request for Sticky: Adhesion

Discussion in 'Requests and Suggestions' started by Thor, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Thor

Thor Member

So, can we get a sticky that addresses the "modern methods" of adhesion:
    Hairspray & Key ingredients (BTW, BigLots has Vidal Sassoon FlexiHold for $3/can)
    Bed temperature
    Examples of perimeters -- too squished, too round, just right
    Put water on the glass if you used hairspray and the model comes right off...

4 people like this.
  2. Red Submarine

Red Submarine Active Member

Agreed, there are some good threads on the subject, but you really have to dig for them. It would be great to bump them all up to the top.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I've been pushing harry to add a FAQ, but it's been "I need to talk to Braydon" and when I talk to Braydon it's been "I need to talk to harry" so we're at a stall until one of them talks to the other.

4. Red Submarine

Red Submarine Active Member

It sounds like they should just hire someone to be a forum moderator. I know plenty of other companies do that and it works out well. Or perhaps they could simply 'entrust' the duty to one or some of the more active members...

5. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Harry's the moderator, but I'm not sure why they don't designate a few people as moderators as well. Like red submarine says, other forums do that. Historically, there have been some rather odd (in my opinion) ideas about what is and is not allowed on the forum, so my guess is that they really just want to keep it tight to the team (and Harry).

6. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

While were on it I think a change has to be made to the search too. Can't search for anything less than 4 letters I know is just causing people to post questions already asked. There are far too many 3 letter words involved with 3d printing.
    Bed, hot end, e3d, pla, abs, rod, fan, fix... the list goes on and on.
    Just try to search "how to mount a fan for the e3d hot end" the only thing that passes is MOUNT. Really defeats the purpose of having a search sometimes lol.