1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Robo R1, E3D with CURA, Z-Axis homing issue...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by andy barre, Oct 16, 2015.

1. andy barre

andy barre New Member

First off, just wanted to say thanks to all your help and assistance in the Robo community. I have followed a lot of posts, and they are always super informative.
    Hopefully you can assist me since I feel that i'm stuck...I have a Robo R1, before I even used it, I upgraded to an E3D V6 with M3 Stud Thermistor using your guide. I didn't upgrade any frimware since the Stud Thermistor was used. I also deleted MatterControl and I'm using Cura15.04.2, here is the following start gcode being used from a Mike Kelly post:

Or delete the G28 code and copy and paste this:

Code:
    G28 ;home all axis
    M565 Z-1.0 ;Define a 1.0mm offset, this may need adjusting
    G29 ;run autolevel routine

Now for the problem....it seems there is an issue with the Z motors, for some reason they only move upwards. I have heard of people having their wiring backwards, but i've never disconnected any Z motor/Z probe wiring during the E3D upgrade.

Below is a link to a video i took of the problem. The video begins just after the bed and extruder are at desired temps.

I'm really looking forward to getting some prints, so any help would be appreciated!

-Andy

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Check the Z endstop switches. I have had something similar to that occur when one of the switches is getting inadvertently triggered (or staying triggered).

The firmware takes that to mean the bed is at the Z endstop... so, yes, it will only go 'up'.

3. andy barre

andy barre New Member

Great! Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I was doing something wrong with the Gcode, but the Z switches had some adhesive on them, which caused them to stick. (possibly from the factory?) Just started my first print, thanks Mark!

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Do a paper leveling and make sure your axis is level against the bed