1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Robo3D and Cura

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by dbvanhorn, Feb 20, 2015.

1. dbvanhorn

dbvanhorn Active Member

Well..

So I concur, the blue filament that came with the Robo should be relegated to use as weed whacker wire. :)

After re-calibrating filament and Z axis I am printing MUCH better! I'm using black Inland filament at $15/kilo at MicroCenter.
    I am back to printing 12 parts in a run, and I've done four runs without problems (4:30 print time)

Now that everything is set up right, my bed adhesion is so good that I probably need to remove all traces of hairspray!
    When the parts are warm, removing from the glass is actually quite hard. I am going to try a run here next without the skirts, which are something I have to clean up from the parts so I'd rather not mess with that if I don't absolutely have to.

Lessons learned: Don't assume your machine is calibrated! Mine printed the test box (it's NOT a cube!) at 20.0 20.0, 9.2.
    Filament extrusion was similarly off at about 130mm per 100mm.

Makes sense, if the filament flow isn't what the machine is expecting, then bad things happen.

The sides are straight, and there's a little bit of texture which is no problem and may even help me when it comes time to glue the ends into the tube.

These parts still have their skirts on, but I couldn't wait to put them together and see how they look.

20150221_004441_HDR.jpg

2 people like this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I think assuming it is NOT calibrated is the best bet.
    Heck, even if you get amazingly lucky, a tweak or two is still likely.

Glad you got it going.

3. dbvanhorn

dbvanhorn Active Member

Printing the run without skirts now, and bed adhesion still looks great. Man what a HUGE difference!

Thanks to all for the help! I remember life before the intertoobs. Life is so much better when you can give and get a little help.