1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Robo3D kickstarter adventures - need help calibrating

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by frank r, May 24, 2015.

1. frank r

frank r New Member

I recently bought a new kickstarter version of the robbed. i need help calibrating it, but all the videos seem o have been pulled. Is anyone aware of a guide to help me get going? I have a new heated build plate on order, but need to start printing the parts for the conversion. my old makibox is too small to allow me to build all the parts on it.

I've got matter control and repetier host both setup on a mac.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Kinda confused by this one. What are you trying to change?

The new glass bed won't have the holes needed to attach to kickstarter printers

3. frank r

frank r New Member

My calibration print in matter control has holes on the top and bottom surfaces. I have new rods and bearings for the upgraded hole free design, and have printed about half of the parts on my older printer. In repetier host, it lifts, moves to the print position,but never drops back down onto the print surface

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Is it perhaps running autoleveling firmware (and you don't have that hardware)?

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

For the calibration increase the number of top fill layers. 1-1.2mm is generally a good amount but for .1mm up to 1.5mm may be needed