1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo3D Product Supply - You Too?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by OMG Really!, Aug 24, 2014.

1. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

Hi. While I try not to escalate product supply - administration- in the forum domain as it can cause a run of negativity I am sufficiently %^%^ OFF at lack of response I think it warrants this post to see if this is an aberration or bigger issue.

I enthusiastically purchased a the Y axis upgrade. self levelling and a few other bits and bobs from guess who on the 15July. Now 5weeks later not once voluntary communication from them, nor - even worse, a reply to my three follow ups. Zip Zilch NOTHING!

As I say to them today - this is not the Kickstarter era of crash management and complex timelines - this is R3D are established. operationally well? oiled and competing in main stream of 3D supply - and in the world of retail this level of silence would suggest concerns of viability as customers walk in disgust. ( I told you I tis not in a good mood- male menopause?) I buy retail from China and yes, receipt under 4weeks is a regular reality but I promise you those who I deal with - will 'schmooze' you with apologies for delay and 'run' to confirm they cannot improve on it. Customer Service.

OKaY ENOUGH VENTING! Is anyone else in a similar boat - of no supply, no communication because Customer Service is due for a smack on the bum?

Be Happy!
    Rick the Terrible

2. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

I ordered mine on April 10th o_O.

3. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

Ordered mine back in April also. Still waiting.....

4. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

Another April. Customer service is an area that ROBO has yet to understand. Which is too bad. It seriously damages the integrity of their product.

5. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

OMG Really!!! And no email or other explanation?? To date I have found Jerry keen to crash manage a fix to various issues but this is my first real money with them since Kickstarter and it appears little has been learned on time management and customer communication.
    Longevity adverse and so much energetic competition. hmmmmmm. thanks for the reply.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

One thing I learned a long tine ago, a customer would rather hear something negative that indicates attention and/or progress than dead silence. Yep, someone taking the time to keep customers informed is a bit of work, but it could even be largely automated and then take little to no effort.

7. Paul Yeh

Paul Yeh Active Member

Poor customer communications and quality issues do not make a good viable long term company.

8. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

This is an unusual circumstance\ feeling because kickstarter support makes a project a little personal but I remind myself this is a young company and I don't leave at potential risk Aud210 for several weeks anywhere else......... that ,personal bit just shrunk in view of NO communication....... time for refund and pressure for confirmation stock in hand before any such repeat. There is a serious side to taking money with no ability or intention to supply. Mr happy just turned into Mr serious. Oops.:oops:

9. Kangaroo and Koalas

Kangaroo and Koalas New Member

I wait 10 weeks to get my Robo (as to the promised 6) but I was happy to wait. Anticipating delays, I ordered a bum full of filament too but I might have to reorder more now. lol. Knowing this, I will work around similar ETA's for parts and what not.

Anyone tell me what high turn over parts I should be pre-ordering?

10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The y axis kits are back ordered until the shipment of glass comes in. Unfortunately I do not know how long this will be. They have restricted purchasing more as a result.

I will link jerry to this thread for attention.

11. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

Mike thanks for the F\

Mike thanks for the FIRST bit of useful information, however this does not excuse lack of communication, lack of advice to customers who have ordered and paid - about possible delays, lack of offer to refund, lack of apology for delays, lack of courtesy. How would they respond if they ordered product and exposed to same lack of attention. My request earlier for a refund stands. A deposit only would be my best offer in future :)

12. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Can't do anything about communication and since they don't read the forums there's no value in complaining here besides venting.

Patience is your only option unfortunately. The price you pay for an upgrade they're being generous in even offering. The real solution was to never offer the upgrade which would have sucked.

13. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

ridiculous!

patience is not the only option!!! what poor advise to give someone.. we have consumer rights..

if they haven't responded to you yet. You dont need to ask for a refund anymore.
    one word "chargeback" if it hasn't been 90 days.
    call your credit card company and/or bank and do it before you past the deadline.

#13 CAMBO3D, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  14. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

Mike I agree with Cambo3d, a passive sit on your hands and 'pray' it might get better is not a recipe for positive change.....there has to be a benchmark where ,it ain't good enough. Guess what - they replied finally..... with an efficiency requested, not an explanation or apology but ' we have cancelled your order' blunt and to the point. And Mike you suggest I need to apply goodwill!

15. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Patience was the only option for getting the upgrade kit. I don't care at all it you want to keep the old crappy drawer slides.

Patience is a virtue few have.

16. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Someone posted a list with the parts if you wanted to round them up and do it yourself.
    Except for the middle plate (you could modify the old one and use it rather than replace it) you can get the other H/W elsewhere. In fact given your location you would save a bundle on shipping by doing it yourself.

Their heart was in the right place offering this upgrade (which as was pointed out they did not need to do) but their supply chain got them again.
    Almost as soon as they started delivering these upgrades the bed heater wiring was found to be problematic and that had to be dealt with (which affected all Robo R1 models and the new bed upgrades).

Their communications with customers is still their weak point :)