1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Same issue and worse support!?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by colton81, Apr 13, 2017.

1. colton81

colton81 Active Member

having the same issues with my bed leveling sent another email to Robo and this was the Response lol its like the support is getting worse. At least it only took them 2 days to respond this time lmao

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear that. I suggest a phone call and a request to speak to a tier-2 tech. Their folks who deal with email are not really that technical.

However, if you want to address this yourself then I suggest you do what I did: Manually level and turn off auto-leveling.

The original Robo with it large bed had significant improvement in ease of use from auto-leveling. That bed is so large and difficult level effectively that it was a no-brainer (and even now MESH helps account for inconsistencies across that rather large chunk of glass).

The C2 is not that way and it is pretty easy to manually level it :) Once you have done that you just stop sending it the G29 in the startup.

I personally and going to upgrade to Marlin 1.10 when it officially releases and test MESH leveling on the C2 and may well keep that, but the old-style ABL is not really needed on the C2 and eliminating that makes prints start faster too.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

With the old Robo your manual leveling "controls" were the 4 posts on the bed corners and that was essentially all you could use to tweak the level. On a bed that size it was not always effective. On the (approximately) 5" bed the C2 has it is more than enough to get the job done as long as your plate is not seriously bent.

4. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Yea i experimented with removing the ABL on it last night was off a little in certain spots so today im going to get it dialed in. Just wanted to show everyone how bad robo support is. I emailed back pretty much saying he obviously didnt read thier own trouble shooting article because it doesnt explain the issue im having and he emailed back saying it was just for reference and to make sure i updated. I noticed in the start Gcode it i believe it showed
    ; move to print position
    G1 Z0.3

Does that mean its moving .3mm down from the zero position on the Z axis?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is where it is setting the Z height for the little "line" they draw across the front of the bed to prime the nozzle just before starting the print.

6. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Ah ok that explains alot then. Well going to give it a shot tonight. Still waiting on my replacement bed from a month ago they said they would send hopefully they do. Do you happen to know what those magnets are called they use on the print bed i cant seem to find them anywhere

7. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Neodymium

mark tomlinson likes this.
  8. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Well i got it as leveled as i could. But Robo surprisingly got back ro me and sent me a shipping label to send back my C2 and said once they recieve it will send me a new one. A littlie worried how long it will take them to ship me a new one

mark tomlinson likes this.
  9. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@colton81 buy the magnets anyway, in various sizes, they are good for a multitude of projects. Use them in your 3D prints to make models that need to be opened or come apart regularly. eBay or China. I usually buy assorted sizes at 50 to 100 at a time and use them all over the house.

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Excellent news. I am glad to see that they are willing to take care of this. Given how hard it was to get a replacement unit (as opposed to them shipping you replacement parts) with the R1 series, there is no way the C2/R2 simply could not manage with that approach. It is an integral part of making your product into more of an 'appliance' that end-user repairs will largely go away.

There is still opportunity to hack, expand, etc on the new ones, but that is not the target market they are aiming for.