1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Scrabble tiles

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by OutsourcedGuru, Nov 1, 2017.

1. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Was thinking it would be cool to design/print a Scrabble set this morning. And while it was printing I thought it would be even cooler to print extra letters and use it for signage, say, on your desk at work or something. Pretty bad-assed toy if you think about it; you could have a mugful of letters on your desk and say how you feel on any given day. Had to tweak Cura's printer profile to get the holder to print within the print volume. Designed the entire set in Autodesk Fusion 360 in about an hour and I'm using GetToDahChoppa for the multi-color.

DSC_0214.png DSC_0225.png DSC_0227.png

WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

I'm now working on the Coder's Edition where it's got numbers and symbols for JavaScript so you and your geek friends would create code instead of words, per se. I've printed hella sets so far, perhaps 200 tiles piled up at the moment. I'm using up that manky end-of-roll of black filament which has gone brittle.

The next iteration will likely include the hollow space underneath to hot-glue magnets (refrigerator art).

The version after that (after the dual-extruder upgrade) would be to include a 2D barcode on the bottom of each tile and then create an electronic Scrabble game board that's clear which can self-score and validate your word attempt using a Raspberry Pi Zero W inside with a Pi NoIR camera and pattern recognition.