1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Setting up Repetier

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aaron Mitchell, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Aaron Mitchell

Aaron Mitchell New Member

Hey guys,

Perhaps one of you with experience using Repetier can help me out with this:

I have taken the advice from the forums and am installing Repetier in preparation for setting up my Robo3D. ( I will look into Simplify3D later, after my wallet refills...)

When installing Repetier, it asks which slicers to install - Cura, Slic3r and Skeinforge. I was going to go ahead and just install them all, but I wanted to know a bit more about each of the slicers and which - in your experience and wisdom - are the most accurate and/or efficient of the three? Is there a real need to install all three? (Convenience?)

I am familiar with Slic3r and Cura, but until now had not heard of Skeinforge...Is Skeinforge compatible with the Robo3D? and if so, is it any more accurate than the others? or more efficient?

Thanks again...my printer should be arriving in the next few hours and I appreciate the welcome that I have already received here. Looking forward to getting started!

Best Regards,

-Aaron

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is compatible with any printer, but if you google around you will see that skeinforge is rather difficult to configure and use.

Last time I looked at it there was nothing out there to assist in configuring it to work with a Robo.

It has so many options (things to configure) that I am sure you can do awesome stuff with it, if you figured it out :)