1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Simpilify3d not extruding properly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Zen, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Zen

Zen Member

Just got the robo and working though basic testing. In matter it will print the calibration cube pretty well. When I switch to Simplify3d printing over USB the extruder motor does not work properly at all running the same calibration cube.

Anybody experience this?

2. Zen

Zen Member

It was the cold extrusion setting kicking in, I had my PLA temp set at 195 in S3D and the firmware didn't like that

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

4. Zen

Zen Member

I just did for another problem, but it said I was up to date already. Is there a changelog or anything like that with the firmware someplace?

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Don't use the updater in MatterControl. Use the firmware above and upload with arduino ide as specified in the instructions

There isn't really a changelog, but nothing has changed of matter since like july.

6. Gordon Freeman

also for best results, I would have the temp be around 210*C for PLA and 230* for ABS

7. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

210 does not mean best results. I never print above 200 with PLA and if you look around you will see that my results are just fine. Various colors and various brands have different temperatures but 210 is on the high end of temps for PLA.

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It varies a bit for each person since the thermistors are not super accurate and filament varies by environment, BUT all that said @jbigler1986 is right as that seems a bit on the high side.

(I had to drop mine another 10 degrees after adding the volcano kit as well)

9. Gordon Freeman

I realise that it is, but my house is over 100 years old, and in Indiana (we usually get snow until late March, then in summer it is scorching hot... all in all, it helps with the varying temperature quite a bit

10. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, it is not like a hard and fast set of numbers anyway. If you do print too hot then you will know since it will look messy :)
    In general those numbers are higher than the norm (but not obscenely so)

11. Gordon Freeman

yes, I mean it is not like I print at 250*C for PLA