1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Simplify 3D stepper motor connection issue...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Heisenberg, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Member

I recently purchased Simplify3D and I am having issues getting it to print correctly. It will not engage my z-axis stepper motors during a print. I have full control of the printer during non-printing periods, but when it starts to print it stays at the z-home position while proceeding onward with the print and eventually jams the extruder. There is no resistance when I try and turn the threaded rod during a print. It seems like there is simply no command being sent during the print to even engage the motors. I inserted the (M17; Enable power to Stepper Motors) command to the starting G-code script and there was still no movement.

I tried the prints with MC and it worked fine until it disconnected and stalled like it normally does. Also, during the MC test; the threaded rods were fully engaged with heavy resistance. Any help would be great!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Slice a test model with Simplify (something small-ish) and send me the generated GCode.
    I will test it and see if mine behaves the same way and we can eliminate a lot in one shot.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I happen to be cold extruder today so a test is easy to schedule :)

2 people like this.