1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

slic3r bug

Discussion in 'Software' started by Printed Solid, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I just upgraded to 1.0.0RC2 and came across a bug.

Most of my profiles stopped working after the upgrade and it took me quite a while to figure out what it was so I figured I'd share.

If you set accelerations in your profile, you need to set acceleration for either all values or no values. In previous versions, you could just put in values for where you wanted to tweak acceleration (i.e. perimeters only) and everything else would just go with the firmware values. The tool tips for each of the settings indicates you can leave it at 0 for default, but that only seems to work if you leave them all at 0.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Evil :) Thanks for sharing.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Slic3r 1.0 RC2 has some very basic bugs.

I had trouble with the first layer printing way faster than it should according to the slic3r settings. When I looked at the gcode in a simulator ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:44286 ) I could see the object printing was starting at layer 2 Z height and the first layer print speed was actually taken from the slic3r speed setting for bridges (proved this by changing the bridge speed value) - unbelievable bugs. No wonder nothing was sticking properly.

These bugs appears to have been fixed in RC3. But there are still plenty of other bugs in RC3. For example in the GUI, you can't decrease some settings without increasing them first.

Now I am running the gcode through the simulator first. So far CURA appears to be the better option. Not as many settings to play with in Cura, but the gcode actually works.

4. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

I recently went a little overboard in pronouncing Cura the way to go and trashing Repetier more than it deserved. I realize that each has their individual strengths and flaws. I like the increased adjustment options with Repetier/Slic3r but Cura has ease of operation and somewhat smoother, cleaner results. Since the adjusted ROBO settings arrived, even Repetier is improved. I haven't tried Kisslicer, but I'm sure it has some points to recommend it as well. Won't it be great when the software that truly does it all and does it really well appears?

5. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

I find Repetier crashes a lot. I still use it but sometimes I slice in Cura and print in slic3r

I have a problem with seeing the 3d model in Repetier. Not so for Cura. But Repetier has so many option, I prefer it for ease of use setting options.

Cura slices quite fast. Repetier take so long.

I also have issues with the version 0.90f of Repetier shows errors. So I use 0.90d Robo version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk